Saturday 27 October 2007

For Jefe

From the aforementioned moustache blog:

In fact, a man without a mustache is no longer a man. I do not care much for a beard; it almost always makes a man look untidy. But a mustache, oh, a mustache is indispensable to a manly face. No, you would never believe how these little hair bristles on the upper lip are a relief to the eye and good in other ways. I have thought over the matter a great deal but hardly dare to write my thoughts. Words look so different on paper and the subject is so difficult, so delicate, so dangerous that it requires infinite skill to tackle it.

The Mustache Guy de Maupassant (1850-1893)
NB: "Good in other ways". Fnaar-fnaar. Earlier she writes: "You cannot imagine, my dear Lucy, how it changes him! I no longer recognize him-by day or at night." I think we all understand what that means, hmm?