Tuesday 15 April 2008

Let he who is without sin

I usually like The Presurfer because Gerard takes the trouble to look out stuff you may not have seen in every venue on the blogosphere, and mostly without overt editorialising.

However I take exception to this post, which I found to be juvenile, cruel, gratuitous, vicious, discriminatory and quite contrary to the spirit of his blog. Many commenters agreed, and his response was to "get a sense of humour".

I don't know about you, but I get my humour elsewhere than from laughing at people who've done nothing to anyone. I don't kick crips, I don't trip up blind dudes, I don't mock Downies, so call me fuddy-duddy. If you think I'm wrong, feel free to say so in comments.

If not, I think it might be appropriate for me to recruit peeps to go to that post, let Gerard know what your thoughts are on his ill-considered post, then by all means stay and read the rest, because apart from one aberration, it's a very entertaining blog.